Litigation Forum 2013

Practical Help for your Practice
Description: Litigators know that only about 2 percent of cases ever go to trial. This program will provide advice for the other 98 percent of your work.

Experience from the bench and bar will provide litigation tips from the moment a case comes in the door, through the pleadings and discovery stages, right up to trial. Particular attention in this seven-hour CLE (6.0 General/1.0 Ethics) will be paid to:

-- Getting into court
-- Obtaining injunctive relief
-- Taking winning depositions
-- Using motion practice to your advantage
-- Setting up your case to obtain a favorable settlement for your clients

You will also enjoy a novel and engaging approach to solving everyday ethical dilemmas. Judges at different levels also will share their observation of effective advocacy, including Supreme Court Justice Cornelia Clark’s keynote remarks following her service as Chief Justice of Tennessee.

Online registration for this course is now CLOSED!! However, you may still register at the door.

SAVE MONEY:TBA members receive three hours of TennBarU CLE programming free with their TBA Complete Membership. You can use those credits to reduce the cost of this program. Not a TBA member, join now to start saving.

You may park in the Commerce Street Garage. We will be validating parking tickets for this garage only, so please make sure to bring your ticket!


This course is no longer available for purchase.

Course Information March 08, 2013
  • Registration: 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
  • Schedule: 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
Location: Nashville, TN
Tennessee Bar Center, 2nd Floor
Course Credits Dual Credits: 1.00
General Credits: 6.00
Total Credits: 7

This program will be filed for Tennessee CLE credit. Please contact TBA for Georgia, Mississippi and Alabama credit.

Course Agenda

View or download agenda now