Robert Dann has concentrated his practice on commercial real estate, commercial lending and troubled assets. From 1981 to 1995, he served as in-house Investment Counsel to a group of insurance companies in Winston-Salem, NC, focusing on commercial real estate development, management and lending. He has served as lender's counsel in the sales of mortgage pools, the acquisition and syndication of retirement facilities, and in the workouts, foreclosures and interim operations of troubled assets, including hotels, apartment complexes and nursing homes.
From 1996 through 1998, he owned and operated a title insurance agency in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Since November, 1998, he has been a partner with Miller & Martin, continuing his focus on commercial real estate financing, including representation of developers, institutional and private lenders' Recent transactions include:
- representation of borrower in acquisition and financing of $335mm power plant
- representation of developer in acquisition and financing of Wal-Mart based retail centers
- representation of insurance company lender in financing of group of retail centers
- representation of regional bank in financing of assisted living center
- representation of private fund lenders in bridge financings for real estate developers
While at Miller & Martin, he has served as Chair of the Real Estate Practice Group and as Chair of the Commercial Department. He is currently serving as Chair of the firm's Sustainability Practice Group, which consists of approximately 30 attorneys in all three offices. His primary areas of focus on sustainable issues are renewable energy and water resources.