Chris joined the firm in 2001 and has practiced primarily in the areas of finance (both private and governmental), commercial law, business formations, securities, and business acquisitions and sales.
His experience includes:
- Representing financial institutions and borrowers in asset-based commercial lending transactions, including those involving revolving lines of credit, guidance lines of credit, letters of credit facilities and equipment financing;
- Representing businesses and their owners in business formations and private placements of debt and equity securities;
- Representing financial institutions and borrowers in local and multi-state real estate and construction financing transactions;
- Representing businesses in strategic businesses acquisitions;
- Representing businesses and their owners in sale of business transactions, including sales to both strategic and financial (private equity/venture capital) acquirers;
- Representing local quasi-governmental entities in connection with conduit tax-exempt bond issuances and economic incentive transactions, including PILOTs and TIFs;
- Representing holders of real property in the purchase, sale or leasing of real property;;
- Advising businesses in connection with international business expansion activities; and
- Representing financial institutions in connection with syndicated and participated commercial lending transactions.
Chris is a Fellow of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys, an organization which represents lawyers in North America who are experts in the mortgage law industry. He is an active participant in the Knoxville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations. Chris currently serves as a member of the Executive Committee of the Business Law Section of the Tennessee Bar Association. He is also a member of the Middle Market and Small Business Committee of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association, actively serving on its International Expansion and Cross Border Transactions Subcommittee. While in law school, Chris served as Special Projects Editor and Staff Member for Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law.