Scott Shanker is an attorney with Butler Snow in the firm's Memphis office. Shanker has extensive experience representing hospitals and health systems, single- and
multi-specialty physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers and ancillary service
PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRY TEAMS
- Health Law
- Data Security and Privacy
- Extensive representation of hospitals and health systems, single- and multi-specialty
- physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers and ancillary service providers.
- Counsel to healthcare clients regarding business operations and regulatory matters,
- including structuring professional service and employment agreements.
- Represent buyers and sellers in healthcare transactions and joint ventures.
- Advise on compliance with fraud and abuse, physician self-referral (Stark Act), selfdisclosure and reporting, fee-splitting issues, certificate of need, licensure, enrollment,
- reimbursement and corporate practice of medicine issues.
- Draft and negotiate supply purchase agreements and hardware and software license and
- procurement contracts.
- Experience working with the Office of Civil Rights in Breach notifications and settlements.
- Regularly drafts Business Associate Agreements and HIPAA Authorizations, and advises
- clients regarding HIPAA privacy matters.