Businesses, lenders, and individuals rely on Jeffrey Maddux’s advice regarding federal and state law issues involving commercial litigation, the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), business bankruptcies, including financing arrangements, asset sales, reorganization plans and use of cash collateral, consumer bankruptcies and real estate. He works with his clients to minimize risk and to provide cost-efficient representation.
Jeffrey has experience in representing doctors, physician groups, and nursing homes in medical malpractice defense, along with defending medical billing groups in complicated disputes.
Jeffrey has successfully represented and assisted clients in state and federal courts in various jurisdictions, including Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Alabama, Florida, and California. He has also represented clients in jury trials in Georgia and Pennsylvania. Jeffrey’s extensive representation includes:
- Adversary proceedings involving preference and fraudulent transfer claims
- Creditors, secured and unsecured under Chapters 7, 11, 12 and 13 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Product liability defense
- Medical Malpractice
- Business disputes
- Real and personal property foreclosures
- Student loan discharge
- Debtors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11
- Enforcement of Guarantees
- Personal Injury
- High schools and colleges