Jim is a member of the Business Services and Health Law practice groups, where he has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, business and commercial transactions, joint ventures and strategic collaborations, corporate law, and business planning and operations.
PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRY TEAMS
▪ 30+ years’ experience representing public and private companies and businesses of various sizes and stages of development, from start-up to Fortune 500, and the complex legal and business issues confronting such companies and businesses.
▪ Managed and negotiated broad range of major, sophisticated transactions for clients, including mergers and acquisitions (asset and stock sales and purchases and public company mergers and acquisitions), joint ventures, private placements, financings, licensing, co-marketing and co-promotion agreements, and strategic collaborations.
▪ Significant experience representing clients in pharmaceutical, life sciences, medical device, biotechnology, financial services, internet and technology, aerospace, retail food and drug stores, cement, chemicals, food science, plastic and metal closures, packaging, healthcare, telecommunications and electrical services contracting.
▪ Represented leading industry clients in formation of joint ventures, licensing and development agreements and co-development agreements for branded and generic pharmaceutical products and healthcare services.
▪ Significant recent experience in middle market mergers and acquisitions includes sale of privately held technology company supporting mortgage and financial services industry (complex public company style deal with cash consideration of $400 million +), sale of Spread Networks, a privately owned telecommunications provider that operated a high fiber long haul route connecting New York and Chicago) to Zayo Group Holdings (NYSE: ZAYO) for $127 million in cash, and sale of aerospace/aircraft leasing business to private equity-sponsored buyer (transaction value of $200 million +).