You can't win a trial at deposition, but you certainly can lose one. This CLE is designed to avoid that outcome by addressing basic and intermediate deposition techniques. Attendees will hear from experienced litigators who will discuss key components of the deposition process. Specifically, attendees will learn how to:
• Prepare yourself and your clients for a deposition
• Use of exhibits and documents effectively during a deposition
• Know when and how to object when defending a deposition
• Prepare for, take and defend an expert witness deposition
• Prepare for, take and defend a corporate representative deposition
Finally, a portion of the program will be devoted to ethical considerations in deposition settings, dealing with difficult counsel and witness preparation.
Please join other members of the bar and CLE attendees at the following location for a social hour after the program. The social hour is open to all members of the bar.
Time: 4:30 p.m.
Invited: Open Initiation (on your own)
SAVE MONEY: Use the prepaid CLE credits that come with your TBA Complete Membership and take this course for free. Not a TBA member? Join now to start saving.
This course is no longer available for purchase.
This program will be filed for Tennessee CLE credit. Please contact TBA for Georgia, Mississippi and Alabama credit.